Warsash Sailing Club was founded in 1957 as a member run club. It is situated at the mouth of the River Hamble with easy access by water and road. The original clubhouse was built in 1960 over disused lobster pounds and is known as Lobster Quay, hence the clubs distinctive lobster burgee. The second clubhouse, formerly the Royal Thames Yacht Club was purchased in 1980 and has since been extended and improved with a viewing balcony, large meeting hall, two bars and a fully catered galley. The Lobster Quay clubhouse was rebuilt in 2005 with enhanced changing and teaching facilities. Both sites have spaces for dinghies and tenders and Shore House can accommodate trailered cruisers and sportsboats.
The club is an RYA accredited training centre and RYA British Youth Sailing recognised club. With around 1500 members WSC continues to retain a friendly and self-help character and enjoys the benefit of all tide pontoon launching at Lobster Quay for dinghies and tenders. WSC has a very active youth sailing section and we run regular training sessions and other activities throughout the year for young members from 6 years of age.