Updated –10 Apr 2021
On 22 February, the Prime Minister announced the “COVID-19 RESPONSE – SPRING 2021” that provides a roadmap to return England back to “normal” following Lockdown 3. The roadmap comprises 4 steps for the phased opening up of “services”. The actual dates will depend on the four conditions that must be met at each phase of lockdown easing:
Recovery Step 2 applies from 0001hrs on Monday 12th April. Step 1 allowed us to restart afloat activities like sail racing. Step 2 allows us to do a few more things at WSC:
- Open Shore House patio and balcony seating to those eating TMS food and non-alcoholic drinks, including takeaways. Further details will be provided by our TMS caterers.
- Slightly ease entry for one person / household to use Shore House toilets downstairs when the building is open in the working week. You must register and wear a face covering on entering the building.
- Slightly ease use of Lobster Building when open by organised activity co-ordinators. However changing rooms and toilets are currently limited to controlled single person / family use. Lobster Building will also be open “COVID SECURE” for vocational training arranged by the Club’s Training Centre Principal. Again, you must register and wear a face covering on entering the building.
- Stay overnight on your boat (single person / household).
- Raft up two deep when alongside Shore House jetty.
Although legally possible, for a number of reasons, the Bar Committee is not yet able to serve alcohol to those seated outside. The Bar Committee is working on this, and you will be kept informed when this changes.
If you are coming down to WSC then:
- Do not visit the Club if you are experiencing COVID symptoms or are self-isolating.
- Our very strong advice remains that if you are going sailing, then you should change before coming down to WSC
- Adhere to the overarching guidance to limit the spread of infection, this applies irrespective of having acquired some form of immunity via prior infection or vaccination:
|i.e. sanitise after touching||i.e. wear face covering||i.e. 2metres or 1metre with extra precautions||i.e. Ensure maximum ventilation if inside|
- Remain aware of the public perception of recreational and Club organised sailing / boating at WSC. The rule of 6 applies when ashore;
- Please pull together and lend a hand as we return another step towards normality, we are not a “turnkey” club.
Please make yourself aware of the Club’s 2021 recovery plan v2 which gives an overview of the follow-on steps 3 and 4 and the related COVID-SECURE Risk Assessment. Both documents are legally required before the Club can operate. The latest plan provides all the supporting guidance from the Government and RYA in its Annexes, so it is a “one stop shop”. The plan will be updated as Government guidance changes and Members should be alert for updates. A precis of Step 2 permitted activities follows:
|Anticipated Date||From 12 April 21|
|Shore House Building||Limited, staff and permitted member voluntary work only and access for single person / household use of downstairs toilets during working week. Social distancing & face coverings. Can be accessed in a Club emergency. Will be locked out of working hours|
|Shore House Garden||Yes, 2m separated groups of up to 6 persons / 2 households|
|Lobster Building||Closed except during Club organised sailing activities when open for supervised single person / household use of toilets and changing rooms as coordinated by relevant activity co-ordinator. Showers currently not available. Accessible in a genuine emergency and to assist a disabled person. Classroom for formal Club organised vocational training (e.g., 1st Aid courses) numbers controlled by COVID-Secure “1m plus” seating of 12 persons|
|General Individual Recreational Sailing||Recreational sailing is permitted provided that the guidance on social distancing is observed (rule of 6)|
|Club Organised Racing – Risk Assessed||Yes, COVID secure, following RYA guidelines for mixed households crewing including committee boats. Groupings controlled by rule of 6 ashore|
|Club Organised Youth Sailing – Risk Assessed||Yes, following social distancing rules ashore and RYA guidance for mixed household crewing afloat. Parents may assist but with constraints, not permitted to mix with others|
|Club Organized Adult Training (e.g. incl WOW)||Yes, outside only, ashore in groups of up to 6 maintaining strict social distancing and cleansing, afloat unlimited numbers following RYA guidance|
|Club Organised General Training||Limited by lack of resources, will do assessments and vocational training (e.g. 1st aid) only. COVID-SECURE as detailed by training centre principal|
|Club RHIBs – Safety||Yes, following rules for mixed household crewing and “wash down”|
|Launch Access||Yes, daily cleaning and self-cleansing. Up to 6 / household as passengers|
|Other Club Boats||Yes, daily cleaning and self-cleansing. Up to 6 / household as passengers|
|Shore House Jetty||Yes – operation iaw byelaw 2.9 to 2.15, plus social distancing & rafting permitted 2 deep|
|Lobster Jetty||Yes – operation iaw byelaws & Club Temporary Regulations, maintain social distancing|
|Shore House Slipway||Yes, subject to maintaining strict social distancing|
|Shore House and Lobster Pounds||Yes, subject to strict social distancing and gathering limits of 6 persons or 2 households, will be locked out of working hours|
|Washdown||Yes, subject to maintaining strict social distancing and cleansing|
|Outboard Shed||Yes, subject to maintaining strict social distancing and cleansing. Max of 1 person|
|Cruiser Racing||Yes, subject to rules on mixed household crews|
|Cruiser Rallies||No, plus no sleeping on board overnight|
|Sea Scout Access||No Requirement|
|Open Meetings||Possibly yes, risk assessed|
|Bar||Alcohol could be served to those seated on the patio. However, it is probable that the bar will remain closed, subject to review|
|Catering||Only with table service outside, max table size of 6 / 2 households plus occasional takeaway service. TMS takeaways may also be eaten on patio and in gardens|
|Socials / members’ functions||No|
|Clinically Vulnerable Members||Take extra precautions to protect from infection|
|Club Administration||Yes, members to contact by phone or email|
|Club Accounts||Yes, some working from home|
|Building cleaning / disinfecting||Bosuns virucide on Mondays else Club cleaner daily, especially areas in use and toilets|
|Security Duties||Security person to conduct external security checks only entering buildings if issues suspected|