We are a family friendly member run club who welcome anyone with an interest in sailing. Membership is open to all ages; approximately one third of membership is comprised of young families with three and sometimes four generations from the same family. We have a very active youth section. The club membership is fairly evenly divided between dinghy sailors and yacht sailors, with both racing and cruising interested catered for. We sail throughout the year and there is lots of social activity as well.
Benefits of membership include
- An active youth training programme run by parent members from 6 years upwards
- Dinghy & Tender launching at all states of the tide
- Dinghy racing throughout the year
- Yacht racing with our Spring Series & Spring Championship during March to April
- Pursuit yacht racing May to July on Thursday evenings
- Weekend Club Cruiser rallies around the Solent about once a month
- Women on Water (WOW) section and Adult Recreational Sailing
- Member led training for club duties
- Use of our dinghy & trailer sailor pounds, subject to availability
- Use of club moorings
- Use of the outboard shed
- Use of our two club launches to access boats moored on the River Hamble
- Unlimited use of the clubhouse facilities and changing rooms
- Club bar, opening lunch times and evenings (see Opening Hours).
- Excellent catering provided by Too Much Spinach.
- Full social programme of events, dinners, winter talks and fortnightly live music sessions
Our Assistant Honorary Secretary/Membership Secretary meets all prospective members to explain how the club operates and identifies how your skills can help within the club. Remember, duties are necessary as WSC is a member run club with a limited number of staff. New membership applications are usually proposed and seconded by current club members and then accepted by the WSC Executive Committee who meet each month.
Annual Membership to the club runs from 1st October to 30th September each year. Additional fees apply for the use of the club pounds, club moorings, outboard shed, use of launches (PB2 displacement required).
Application forms can be downloaded below and are available in Shore House.