Catering at WSC is provided by Too Much Spinach Ltd (TMS), which is entirely independent entity from the Club. In order to offer a viable business opportunity and to enable the necessary hygiene in the kitchen, the Club gives TMS a monopoly for all food prepared on the premises (further details of this are provided below).
TMS are contracted to provide routine Club catering to members and their guests in the Club premises:
- Lunchtimes Tuesdays to Sundays;
- Jazz/band nights occurring on Tuesday evenings fortnightly for much of the year;
- Post dinghy racing suppers on Wednesdays and Friday nights, during the sail racing season;
- Thursday Cruiser racing suppers from May to July;
- Friday evenings in the Summer and in the Winter;
- Saturday evenings in the Summer and in the Winter;
- Spring Series breakfasts, bag meals and late lunches during Spring Series racing;
- Breakfasts, bag meals (for committee boats and RIBs) and suppers for sail racing open events.
TMS are also contracted to supply and serve food for:
- Daytime or evening Club Functions such as:
- Set evening meals (e.g. Trafalgar night dinner, laying up supper, Christmas Dinner etc);
- New member receptions, summer party, prize giving events;
- Youth Sailing events (e.g. “catered sausage sizzles”, ticket suppers etc);
- Club parties (e.g. catered skittles evenings, quiz nights, Fireworks night etc).
- Daytime or evening Private Functions such as:
- Members’ private parties, celebrations and funeral wakes (e.g. set meals or buffets, typically with between 40 and 120 guests);
- Outside organisations’ lunches and dinners (e.g. sailing class associations, the RYA and marine trades bodies and potentially weddings etc (the latter to a maximum of 10 per year));
- Coffee and light refreshments (e.g. external organisation meetings etc).
Regarding the catering contract between the Club and TMS:
- For Club Functions TMS is the sole provider of food, except for “Club Self-Catered Events” when the social committee may arrange that members prepare food as part of the activity.
- For Private Functions TMS is the sole provider of food prepared on the premises. However, outside caterers may be used to provide food prepared off the premises (e.g. for a cold buffet, nibbles etc) on request to and approval by the Club, always provided that the Club’s Caterer has been given “First Refusal”. No other professional caterer is permitted to operate (i.e. prepare food) on the Premises.
Members planning a private event are advised to discuss their catering requirements with Too Much Spinach as early as possible. The Club’s administrator can provide initial advice.